YRS provides the youth of Nova Scotia with an opportunity to engage in running at all levels as a means to a healthy, active and positive lifestyle.
YRS offers races of 0.5 km to 2.2 km in distance and encourages participation by those of all abilities.
The series is geared to youth; however, parents, guardians or any others interested in taking part are welcome to run or walk these events.
The Youth Running Series (YRS) volunteers are a group of appreciative runners and parents who have benefited from running and support the spirit of the running community.
YRS was launched in 1996 by volunteers and the participating Race Directors, with the backing of Run Nova Scotia (RNS).
For general YRS Information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 X-Country and Track Race Distances
|Category||Year of Birth||Distances|
|Tykes||2013 and higher||shorter/untimed|
|Mosquito||2012, 2011||1 k|
|PeeWee||2010, 2009||1.5 k|
|Bantam||2008, 2007||1.5 k|
|Midget||2006, 2005, 2004||2.2 k|
|Youth||2003, 2002, 2001||2.2 k|
Cost per Race
Each YRS running event is $5.00. But why not become a YRS member. See more below.
Membership benefits and costs
More reasons for becoming a member:
- Unbelievable health benefits that will last a life time if you start being involved with activities like YRS at an early age.
- Friendship / laughs.
- Receive discounts on YRS partnership running events.
- No need to register again for most races. Racing bib automatically ready for pick up at next YRS race. No hassles. Please note, if partnership YRS race, registering for the event will need to be done.
- Electronic running / walk and race log so you can keep track of your accomplishments!
- Participation / placement recognition through our YRS series points for the year end awards.
- Email updates with important information.
- Trophies and certificates awarded for recognition at YRS races at year end banquet.
- Prizes at each race. Free SHOES from Aerobics First.
Individual membership: $25
Full family membership: $50 - BEST DEAL!